The Nano4Food Conference returns for its Second Annual Event after its successful inaugural event in Wageningen, The Netherlands in June 2005. This year, the event moves to the United States in Atlanta, GA, and is scheduled for October 12-13, 2006 at the (GTRI) Conference Center.
Again, Cientifica, the world's leading supplier of nanotechnology information, has joined with Wageningen Bionanotechnology Centre for Food and Health Innovations - BioNT a leader in the fundamental science and technology of micro- and nanosystems and their applications in food and health in developing the conference.
In addition, this year the Nano4Food Conference has joined with the internationally renowned Food Processing Technology Division at Georgia Tech Research Institute - GTRI - to be a partner in the event along with the Economic Department Consulate General of the Netherlands.
In its inauguration last year, the Nano4Food Conference was the first conference to offer a broad analysis on the requirements of the food industry, including manufacturing, distribution and consumption, and how nanotechnologies can address those needs by opening up new ways to develop more productive, economically feasible, fast-response and simple-to-use solutions that can provide a clear return on investment.
The Food Industry is Facing Some Pretty Clear Issues to its Business:
Nanotechnologies Can Provide the Following Solutions:
- Nanoscale biosensors for pathogen detection and diagnosis.
- Delivering bioactive ingredients in foodstuffs through improved knowledge of food materials at the nanoscale.
- Nanocale filtration systems for improved texture modification.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU?
For the Food Industry:
- Learn how nanotechnology can improve productivity and cost effectiveness on established food processes and help design new healthier and tastier products
- Understand the current and future concerns related to food safety and quality assurance.
For the Technology/Research Community:
- Find out what the food industry's wish list is
- Evaluate the market potential of nanotechnology in the food industry in order to determine the most appropriate commercialization path.
For Policy and Decision Makers:
- Understand how nanotechnology can help solve many of the food industry issues facing your region(s)
- Acquire the knowledge necessary to direct both research spending and regulation.
GTRI Conference Center - 10/12/2006 - 10/13/2006; Atlanta, Georgia